This course is mainly practical while incorporating basic essential knowledge and theory to support your learning.
It starts off with a beginner’s guide to coffee including coffee plant species, origins, processing and roasting. This helps you to understand key information on packaging about different coffee and how these variables effect the flavour.
We then move into the practical of how to craft the perfect espresso and dial in a coffee grinder accurately to your espresso recipe so that you can make sure your coffee is tasting good all day. We learn how to texture milk differently for different milk-based coffees and how to pour a basic heart as presentation. To finish, we cover how to clean your machinery professionally at the end of each day.
This course you will leave you with a sound foundation to kickstart your career as a barista or give you the skills to be able to make perfect coffee at home.
After Completion You Can:
- Be able to confidently differentiate between arabica and robusta coffee.
- Explain where coffee is grown and how it is farmed and processed.
- Know what light and dark roast coffees are and the differences between them.
- Be able to set up a coffee grinder to get the best flavour from any coffee.
- Be able to confidently make any espresso-based beverage (latte etc.).
- Know how to professionally clean any espresso machine and workstation.
Just started a new job in coffee and you are ready to expresso your passion and show your skill? This course is the one for you by covering a typical ‘day in the life of a barista’ from start to finish!
Bookings & Costs:
This course is priced at £150 per person or £250 for 2 people. The course duration is 2 hours.
This course is run privately with 1 to 2 participants, Bespoke bookings only – Get in touch.