In this course, we cover the key development of sensory skills through starting with a coffee tasting to learn about the different flavours of coffee and how these are influenced by the origin and process.
We then explore our on-site roastery to learn about how the roasting process and how imported green coffee beans become packaged roasted coffee – if you are lucky you might even see some coffee roasting in action!
We then delve into the principles of espresso recipes and how to dial in a coffee using just taste and coffee extraction theory. This is followed by how to steam and split milk for multiple drinks, steam and pour alternate milks and even achieve some latte art! Wait… is that a swan on your latte?
After Completion You Can:
- Set up a tasting (cupping) with coffees from various origins
- Know and understand how to distinguish between different coffees based on their origin and flavour.
- Understand how coffee is imported, roasted and packaged in a roastery.
- Develop espresso recipes for single-origin coffees to a speciality coffee standard using taste and extraction theory.
- Steam milk without a thermometer for more than one drink and split this accurately according to the drinks.
- Produce some latte art, anywhere from a heart to a tulip to a swan.
This course is for anyone passionate about taking their coffees skills and knowledge to a professional level with pre-existing barista experience. If this course sounds too advanced, make sure to check out our Barista Basics course as may be better suited to you!
Bookings & Costs:
This course is priced at £150 per person or £250 for 2 people. The course duration is 2 hours.
This course is run privately with 1 to 2 participants, Bespoke bookings only – Get in touch.